City of Rossville Georgia / Council Agenda
For more information contact the City Clerks office at 706.866.1325
Council normally meets second Monday of the month at 7PM. Schedule and agenda subject to change.
Order of agenda items may change at council meeting.
January 9th, 2017 7PM Rossville Courtroom
Call to Order: City Clerk Sherry Foster
Invocation: Mayor Harris
Pledge: Council Member Joyce Wall
I. Approval of Minutes:
1. Regular Council Meeting, November 14th 2016
II. Old Business
1. Ordinance #492 Sewer Taps - Second Reading
An Ordinance to authorize the Waster Water Utility Division within the Public Works Department to make road
cuts and sewer connections within the city streets and to require a permit.
III. New Business
1. Ordinance #493 - Length of Validity to Building Permit
First Reading of an Ordinance to replace the time limits for building permits.
2. Ordinance #494 - Used Car Lot Requirements
First Reading of an Ordinance to established requirements for Used Car lots.
3. Resolution #646 - Occupation Tax Application Fee
A resolution to establish an application fee for occupation tax license ( business license) in the amount of
4. Resolution #647 - Closure of a Portion of Sousa Drive
A resolution to close a portion of Sousa Drive.
5. Resolution #648 - Judges Term
A resolution to set terms for city judges. These terms will run from January 1st through December 31st each
IV. Comments / Reports / Announcements from department heads
V. Comments / Reports / Announcements from Council Members
VI. Comments from the audience pertaining to the agenda
VII. Comments / Reports / Announcements for the Mayor