City of Chattanooga, Tennessee
Hamilton County Water & Wastewater Treatment Authority (WWTA) City of Rossville, Georgia SewerCustomers
Beginning January 2013, The City of Chattanooga, TN, Hamilton County Water & Wastewater Treatment
Authority (WWTA), and City of Rossville, GA were required to bill their customers for sanitary sewer service
fees that were previously being charged through Tennessee American Water (TAW) as an item on the water
The conversion and transitional period for sanitary sewer service fee billing from TAW is complete. Effective
September 2013, all sewer customers with delinquent sanitary sewer service fees will be assessed a late fee.
Should the customer choose not to pay the delinquent sanitary sewer service fees; a Work Order will be
submitted to disconnect the customer’s water service.
There are several convenient payment options to pay the sanitary sewer service fee:
• Mail your check to our Payment Processing Center
• Make your payment through your personal bank bill pay process
• By recurring payment, you will find an enrollment form on the back of your bill.
• Online through the utilities’ websites: City of Chattanooga, TN at www.chattanooga.gov;
WWTA at www.hamiltontn.gov/wwta/; or the City of Rossville, GA at www.rossvillegagov.us.
• By telephone: City of Chattanooga, TN at (888) 673-9479, WWTA at (888) 673-9480,
and the City of Rossville, GA at (888) 838-5507.
• Walk in to a local pay-in-person location. A list is available at each utility’s website.
Frequently Asked Questions:
When will I receive my sewer bill each month?
You should be receiving your sewer bill about one week after your water bill. Your bill will be due 15 calendar
days from the billing date.
Who do I call if I have any questions about my sewer bill?
If you are a City of Chattanooga, TN sewer customer dial 311 or (423) 425-6311; WWTA sewer customer dial
(423) 209-7808; or City of Rossville, GA sewer customer dial (877) 811-8700.
We appreciate our customer’s patience during the conversion and transition period and will continue to make
every effort to provide our customers with effective service as we move forward in the sanitary sewer service
fee billing process and procedures.
For more information contact your sewer service provider